In honor of the medical frontliners who passed away in the line of duty against COVID-19 and to support the education of their next of kin, Mapúa University, in partnership with the BPI Foundation, is offering the Pagpugay Scholarship Fund.
Next of kin of the following medical frontliners who passed away in the line of duty against COVID-19:
- Medical Technologists
- Community Health Workers
- Administrative, Utility, and Support Services Personnel in Health Facilities
Children of the deceased front-liners will be the priority beneficiary of the scholarship. However, if the deceased had no children, the beneficiary can be next of kin up to second degree of consanguinity.
- Applicants should be college students (1st year-5th year) of Mapúa University
- Applicants must have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent based on the prevailing University standards for the previous academic year (for incoming 1st year) or for the previous semester (for incoming 2nd year-5th year).
The scholar will receive a maximum of P100,000.00 per academic year to cover tuition fee and other miscellaneous expenses.
Note: The scholarship shall only cover school fees for regular academic year/semester/trimester and shall not cover school fees arising out of or relating to the summer term, unless the summer term is mandatory based on the course curriculum.
- Scholarship Conditions to Continuously Enjoy the Grant
Scholar must maintain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent based on the prevailing University standards for the previous academic year or for the previous semester.
- Selection Process
Interested applicants may download the application form from https://www.mapua.edu.ph/Assets/Pagpugay-Scholarship-Application-Form.pdf and submit the filled-out form to Admissions-Scholarship@mapua.edu.ph together with the following requirements:
- Endorsement letter duly signed by the spouse or any relative of legal age and within the second degree of consanguinity of the frontliner.
- Endorsement letter duly signed by the authorized representative of the hospital or health care facility where the medical frontliner was assigned.
- Original or authenticated copies of the following:
- Course curriculum
- If a child of the front-liner, birth certificate of the applicant
- If a sibling of the front-liner, birth certificates of the applicant and the front-liner showing their common parents
- If a widow/widower of the front-liner, marriage certificate of the medical front-liner.
- PRC ID or License ID of the medical front-liner
- Death certificate of the medical front-liner, indicating COVID-19 or complications due to COVID-19 as cause of death
- Latest ITR of parents/guardian of the applicant
- Latest previous academic year Transcript of Records or Copy of Grades
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Only the applications with complete requirements will be processed.
- Scanned copies of application form and other supporting documents may be submitted. Hard copies will be required once applicants are selected for the scholarship.
Mapúa University shall screen the applications and shall submit a short-list of nominees to BPIF.
BPIF shall select successful applicants from the list of nominees after the evaluation of their academic performance and financial need.
BPIF will notify the selected scholars of their acceptance to the program through Mapúa and a notification email to the email address indicated in the application form.
All scholarship applications will be accepted through online submission. Accomplish all the necessary documents, scan, and email them to Admissions-Scholarship@mapua.edu.ph with the subject “Pagpugay Application”. Applicants will receive an email and SMS notification from the Center for Scholarship and Financial Assistance for the status of their application.