September 30 11:42 AM
September 15 02:42 PM
September 09 09:33 AM
September 02 03:48 PM
August 25 05:00 PM
August 20 04:27 PM
August 19 02:59 PM
August 19 01:25 PM
August 19 09:35 AM
August 18 11:35 AM
August 14 03:36 PM
August 10 04:04 PM
August 07 09:27 AM
August 06 03:30 PM
July 31 11:30 AM
October 3 & 4, 10 & 11
Board Exam for Certified Public Accountants
Deadline for completion of deficiencies by 1/15-16 candidates for graduation
October 13 - 15
Board Exam for Interior Designers
Start of Diagnostics Exams
Graduation Date for 1st Quarter, 2015-2016
Basic Occupational Safety & Health Training SeminarPosted on July 19, 2012
Basic Occupational Safety & Health Training Seminar
July 30 - August 3, 2012
AV3, Mapúa Intramuros
P9,500 inclusive of meals, training materials & certificate of completion
Brief Course Description : The course complies with the subjects prescribed by the Bureau of Working Conditions for safety practitioners in general industrial and business organizations. The safety practitioner is expected to help his organization develop, implement and improve basic occupational safety and health programs in accident prevention to people and in the protection of the environment and property from damage, loss or degradation.
The following subjects shall be covered in the course:
- Course Orientation
- Introduction to Industrial Safety & Health
- Definition of terms
- Progress of the safety movement
- Nature of safety work in industry
- Scope & functions of safety position
- Fundamentals of Safety Management
- The Energy Theory of Accidents
- Occupational Safety & Health Programs
- Company Safety Policy
- Programs Leadership & Administration
- Safety Codes, Standards & Legislation
- Hazards Analysis
- Safety Inspections
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Human Factors (includes Motivation)
- Equipment Integrity
- Occupational Health Programs
- Safety Training for Management
- Safety Training for Workers
- Contractors and Subcontractors
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Machine Guarding
- Materials Handling, Use and Storage
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
- Accident/Incident Investigation
- Measurement of Safety Performance
The participants should be:
- Safety Engineers/practitioners
- Professors/Instructors/Lecturers in any Engineering course (in preparation for the inclusion of Safety Engineering in the curriculum) or those currently teaching Safety Engineering
- Supervisors/Managers of Plant in Manufacturing Industries
- Head/Coordinators of School Laboratory
- Head/Coordinators of Industry Laboratory
- Building Administrators for Building and Maintenance
- Chief Security Officers or equivalent
- Engineering Contractors for Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Marine Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree holders
- Employees working in an industrial company
Professor Mauricio P. Ibasco
Professor Ibasco had twelve years experience in chemical plant operations before he shifted to the safety field in 1974. In 1975 he was selected as “Outstanding Safety Practitioner” in the Philippines.
He worked with Saudi Aramco Oil Company from 1984 to 1995 where his successful work in loss prevention merited management recognition. In 1996 he started to teach “Process Safety Management” in the School of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at the Mapua Institute of Technology in Manila, Philippines.
Professor Ibasco obtained his B.S. Chemical Engineering degree from Mapua Institute of Technology in 1963. He took up safety courses offered by the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin; National Safety Council in Chicago, Illinois; International Loss Control Institute in Loganville, Georgia, U.S.A. He studied management with the Alexander Hamilton Institute in New York. The System Safety Development Center in Idaho, U.S.A. significantly contributed to his training and development in Risk Management.
Professor Ibasco is an Accredited Safety Consultant and a registered Chemical Engineer in the Philippines. He was a registered Professional Safety Engineer in California, and was a Certified Hazard Control Manager in Washington, DC, U.S.A. He was recognized by the World Safety Organization as a Certified Safety Executive. For his safety achievements, he is included in the prestigious publication WHO’S WHO IN THE WORLD.
Engr. Cesar Dumayag
Engr. Cesar Dumayag a BWC-DOLE Accredited Safety Consultant, is currently the Vice President for Education for Quezon City Industrial Safety Council, Inc. and a Sr. Safety Consultant for LINC International Management and Consulting Group.
He graduated from Mapua Institute of Technology with a degree of B.S. in Civil Engineering (BSCE). He got the 9th place in the Civil Engineering Board Examination and obtained a rating of 90.25% . He took up his Master in Business Administration from the University of the Philippines and from the Philippine Women’s University.
Several foreign and local trainings on safety and health courses have been attended, “Individual Training on Industrial Safety and Construction Safety” in Japan and “Asean Regional Tripartite Seminar on Construction Safety and Health” in Thailand, to name a few.
He is an expert in providing technical advice and assistance for the promotion of safety and health in the workplace as well as in development of safety modules and implementation of the same.
Engr. Edward Ang
Engr. Ang started as a production maintenance supervisor in Fortune Tobacco Corporation (FTC) and moved way up to the ladder being the FTC Training Center Director and the Vice Chairman of the FTC Central Health and Safety Committee.
As a professional, he is a TESDA certified Machinist, BWC-DOLE accredited Safety Practitioner, DOST-PNRI accredited Radiological Health and Safety Officer, Resource Speaker, Industry Consultant and a licensed Mechanical Engineer. He graduated with a degree of B.S. Mechanical Engineering at the Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT) and currently teaching in the School of Mechanical Engineering of MIT. He is the winning professor of MIT year 2004. Engr. Ang authored the following books: “Metal Works Manual” and “Energy Can be Cut”. He is also the editor of the book “Mechanical Technology” which was authored by Mr. Antonio Baltazar, Jr.
Download confirmation slip