School of Architecture, Industrial Design and The Built Environment
Commencement Exercises for 3rd Quarter, 2011-12 graduates
May 27/ June 1
Board Exam for Nurses
Start of application for diploma and Transcript of Records
Deadline for individual dropping of courses, application for special audit, cancellation of enrolment and application for shifting of program, reactivation, another degree (Mapua graduates) and leave of absence for next quarter
Vision and Mission
The School of Architecture, Industrial Design and The Built Environment as a dynamic and innovative center of excellence and a partner of the country in community and nation building. Dynamic: The school shall commit itself to be proactive and adaptable to the changing needs of the academe, the profession, the society, the community, the country and the world. Innovative: It shall imbue its faculty, staff and students with the desire and willingness to discover and apply new knowledge through experimentation and research.
The school facilitates the learning and training process of future architects and
designers who are globally competitive and responsive to social and environmental
issues. The school molds them to become innovators and leaders by instilling in
them the proper values and providing them with cutting-edge education.
Program Educational Objectives
Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- To develop graduates with mastery of comprehensive architectural knowledge, both in theory and practice and proficiency in technical skills necessary in the global practice of architecture.
- To produce architects with high standard of professional ethics, values, attitudes and sense of responsibility
- To develop of graduates with keen sense of history and culture in line with preservation of the architectural heritage of the country.
- To design the built environment in the context of ecological balance and sustainable development
- To develop architectural practitioners that could initiate and conduct architectural research and development for the advancement of the profession
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design
- To develop graduates with analytical abilities and methodologies to design products and services that are innovative, useful, safe, aesthetically appropriate, culturally acceptable, ecologically sound and socially beneficial to serve the needs of society, consumers, manufacturers and the environment.
- To produce graduates with creative visualization and presentation skills as well as techniques in various forms of ICT media for design concept presentations, preparation of technical drawings and models.
- To develop design practitioners who promote the highest ethical standards of the profession
Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
- To develop graduates that could apply design, construction, management and business principles in handling a wide range of professional practice such as interior design, furniture and accessories design, visual merchandising, production design, exhibition design, interior landscaping design, and lighting design..
- To develop well-rounded and culturally sensitive professionals prepared to meet the challenges as well as the environmental concerns with regards to the dynamics of interior design practice;
- To develop interior designers who set good example of high ethical standard and adherence to safety, health, environmental concerns and public welfare through compliance with required codes and laws.